Dear USI Students,
as we are a big family, we wanted to give you ten tips on how to reduce your footprint.
- Join a Sustainable Student Organization or in our case just create a sustainable student organization (for serious considerations: please contact SINC).
- Study Sustainability: just attend a sustainable course or if you have any ideas of sustainable projects -> Let us know!!
- Conserve Electricity: If you happen to take a break of Facebook or Twitter, just shut down your laptop or if you live in a dorm, make sure to use LED lights.
- Reusable water bottles: One of our biggest enemies: PLASTIC. There are so many reasons, why you should not use plastic bottles anymore. There are only benefits at using reusable water bottles. Besides Mother Nature will be grateful for that.
- Second Hand Shops: Don´t be shy to enter in a Second Hand Shop, we are sure you will find something interesting. Macklemore has even wrote a song about Second Hand Shops
- Textbooks: Please don´t start a bonfire with your Textbooks, you can sell them to other students and earn some money.
- Remain Digital: If you really don´t like books, there is an option: Digital Textbooks. Of course there is also a benefit: Reduction of paper.
- Ditch the Car: At the main entrance of the University there are rental bikes, but if you happen to live far away, just take the bus or create a carpool.
- Buy Locally: We have to support local restaurants, farms etc
- Swap Party: Meet up for Swap Parties, just share clothes, DVD´s, books you don´t need.